Sylvania Heights Community & Youth Club Inc. was incorporated under the Associations Act of NSW in 1985. We are a not for profit community organisation with a primary focus on sporting and recreational activities for all ages and genders.
The Youth Club had its humble beginnings back in 1956 when members of the Local Progress Association met to discuss a proposal from Sutherland Shire Council regarding the allocation of land at “The Heights” to be developed for sporting activities.
Our Club was formed officially in 1956 and was known as Sylvania Heights Sports Club. It grew from a group of people who had been playing cricket together for several years in the area.
Dance 4 Fun
DANCE 4 FUN is a non-competitive dance studio that allows students to explore their creativity and embrace confidence.
The club was first formed in 1960 and has proudly been affiliated with the Sylvania Heights Community Youth Club since that time. We encourage a family friendly environment and promote the values of teamwork, respect, integrity, reward through effort and fair play.
Sylvania Heights Koshinryu Jujutsu teaches to a syllabus that demonstrates an exceptional, rich depth of history, theory, and tradition. The syllabus is built upon both traditional and modern techniques, which are proven to be realistic and effective. Our curriculum meets the standards of the Australian Jujitsu Federation (AJF) and is taught by senseis who are nationally accredited coaches.
Calisthenics is one of the fastest growing artistic sports – unique to Australia. Calisthenics is a combination of controlled exercises and gymnastics, marching, singing, simplified ballet, folk and modern dance.
Physie (Fizzy) is a form of dance that has been around for over 125 years.Fun, upbeat, pop music is the soundtrack to this sport that fuses dance styles such as jazz, ballet, hip hop, contemporary, aerobic dance and even yoga!Our innovative choreography changes annually and is designed for maximum variety and fun.
Sutherland Shire Gamers
The Southern Battle Gamers are an activity of the Sylvania Heights Community & Youth Club. Members from around Sydney meet at the Youth Club rooms to play both historical and non-historical war games of many types and periods. learn more button directs to website
Sylvania Heights Cricket Club (SHCC)
Join our Cricket Club. For more information please contact us Tony.
Latest News from our Blog
Sylvania Heights Cricket Club has adopted and signed up to the Safeguarding Kids policies endorsed by Cricket Australia which includes;
- Australian Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People;
- Australian Cricket’s ‘Looking After our Kids’ Code of Behaviour for Affiliated Associations and Clubs; and
- Australian Cricket’s Commitment to Safeguarding Children and Young People.
For any further information about matters relating to child protection, visit Cricket Australia’s website.
Dance 4 Fun – Timetable
As you know the COVID-19 situation is changing very quickly. Like everyone else, the Youth Club also needs to make decisions about how we can continue to operate in the current environment. In making these decisions our overriding principle is that we MUST take every precaution to keep our members and the community safe. In some cases, it will be necessary to make some decisions in order to comply with Government requirements as well as edicts from National/State/Local sporting associations.
Taking into account the latest information provided by the Government and NSW Health department as at 17 March 2020 please note the following:
1. The Youth club’s outdoor activities namely cricket, soccer and netball have had their training, trials and seasons postponed by their relevant sporting associations. The Youth club will comply with these decisions meaning there is to be no training, trials or competition matches.
2. No new external hire bookings will be taken for any dates prior to 1 July 2020.
3. Existing external hire bookings will be contacted on an individual basis to discuss compliance with the Government’s latest announcements and how health and hygiene requirements can be satisfied.
4. In relation to all other Youth Club indoor-based activities, the SHCYC executive and representatives of the Management Committee have determined that it is in the best interests of all our members that these are postponed for a minimum of 4 weeks commencing Midnight Thursday 19th March 2020.
Whilst we recognise that we don’t necessarily have significant numbers congregating at the same time, maintaining the status quo means that we will have members, parents and grandparents of the community coming going at all times of the day and evening. The fact that we use / share enclosed areas means that we cannot possibly guarantee the safety of all our members and visitors without the Youth Club activities bearing significant costs in relation to increased hygiene measures in order to meet health department guidelines for COVID-19 including in circumstances where a suspected case is reported.
We will of course keep you updated on any changes to this decision. We understand that this decision will have an impact on people’s recreational activities and their wellbeing so we will continue to monitor the situation closely.
In the meantime, please feel free to speak to me if you have any questions.